Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Bridal Shower DIY Gift

I thoroughly enjoy making handmade gifts for special occasions such as baby showers, bridal showers, and holidays. Our friends are getting married in October of this year and the bride's bridal shower is this weekend. So project diy began.

My original thought was to make a crate on wheels that could act as a floor storage for blankets or pillows or magazines, whatever. I had the idea to use some of my recycled pallets to create a rustic look of sort. I looked up online what the best way was to disassemble a pallet. Looked easy and so my first attempt ensued. Well it didn't take my look to realize this was not as easy as it looked. I could barely get the crowbar between the pieces and when I did the wood started to split. So out the window went this idea.

I still wanted a crate of sort so I went to Lowe's bought some wood and built my own box. I used their directions for the decorative herb box, you can find it here.

It was easy and fun to make. Extremely rewarding to see the finished product!





After the box I needed to add the applique to my blanket. Our friend loves his name and we usually only call him by his last name. I love making little lap blankets. I love personalizing them also. I am starting to get way better at them too so that is always rewarding.




To add a little fun to the gift I printed out some tags for wine bottles that I found online. Very cute and something they could look forward to with every milestone. I found the printables an idea here.

Here is the finished product. Love!


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home