Monday, September 9, 2013

Farmer's wife wannabe

My boyfriend's grandparents were farmers and I always test myself to see if I could have been one too. It's funny to think that but I still don't know the answer. However my latest test was my first attempt at canning!! Our garden produced a plethora of tomatoes and onions so I decided to make salsa and can it. First time for both things.

It turned out well but my canning abilities were a little shaky at best! My worry was that my cans were not going to seal however eventually they all did! 

We have eaten three jars already with one of them as a dish to pass at our friend's house. They all seemed to enjoy it!

Here are my homegrown ingredients with exception of the store bought green peppers.

And here are my canned salsa afterwards! Yummy!

Next thing I want to make is some soft warm pita bread to dip it in!! Yummy!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home