Monday, October 7, 2013

DIY Wedding Gift

My boyfriend was the best man in our friends wedding this weekend. He looked amazing and did a great job with his speech, regardless of how nervous he was. Naturally I decided on a diy wedding gift. The wedding took place near Rochester, NY. My sister gave me this great idea.

I purchased a New York State shaped bamboo cutting board from Bed, Bath and Beyond, and I burned the wedding date in.Originally I had planned to have Things Remembered to engrave, however I found out that they do not engrave wood but only have the ability to put a metal plaque on it which I did not want. So naturally it was a diy sort of thing. I bought the wood burning tool with the hopes that I could find wood burning numbers to use but could only find letters. So I cut some numbers from vinyl using my Cricut Mini and went to work. I traced with the tool and then filled in between the lines. Here are some photos of the process and final product. Not too shabby for my first time burning wood :-)





After thoughts: I would have made the numbers smaller and probably would have added a heart either in the Rochester location on the board or before the date. Tip: be extremely careful where the wood burning tool sits and what it touches!! Also my house smelled like an ashtray for a day or so afterwords. I seriously need to start moving my crafts to the basement :-)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home